Agency information systems are to be used according to the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy and the other policies and standards defined in the End User IT Manual
I further agree to the following:
- I have received information on, and understand the requirements of, the Agency's Information Security Program.
- I will use sound judgment whenever using any feature of the Agency's electronic communications systems.
- I will follow good information security practices as part of my normal routine.
- I will use Agency information resources with respect, integrity, and courtesy.
- I will never use any Agency resource to do something illegal, threatening, harassing, offending or deliberately destructive.
- I will respect the privacy of others.
- I will not write my password down or tell it to anyone. Nor will I seek to determine or use another person's password.
- I will not give my building passcard to anyone else to use.
- I will not allow anyone else to use my account. I understand that I have general responsibility for any activity initiated from my account.
- I understand that I am responsible and accountable for the Agency records in my possesion and those Agency records for which I have control.
- I will not attempt to gain access to computer systems or data to which I have not been granted access.
- I will be careful of copyright infringment, recognizing that it is illegal and a violation of Agency policy to copy, display, or distribute copyrighted material such as software, MP3 files or MPEG files.
- I will be certain to abide by software licensing agreements, never loading any software on my machine if I am not licensed to do so.
- I will ensure that my critical data are copied onto the local server so it can be routinely backed up.
- I will immediately notify the IT Help Desk or IT Management whenever I discover any possible security violations or abuse of information resources. Additionally, I will not conceal or help to conceal violations by any party.
I have read the above requirements and agree to abide by them. I understand that this form will become an official part of my employee file and that failure to comply with these requirements may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal and/or legal prosecution under applicable laws.